Friday, July 31, 2009

The iPod - 25 Random Songs

Because once I learn something that's just the way I roll...forever...I'm answering the tag for the iPod songs this way. The instructions say something about turning on your iPod and just jotting down the first 25 songs in "shuffle songs." Well, here goes.

1. Hell - Foo Fighters

Well, here's a lovely sentiment. It is not my favorite song from the Foo...but the lyrics "gather around the fire and I will lead the choir" sound a bit extreme, don't you think? But then again, I kind of associate cantatas with hell...so maybe he does too.

2. Miracle - Foo Fighters

Okay, this is better. I think Dave Grohl wrote it when his daughter, Violet, was born. "Hands on a miracle...I've got my hands on a miracle...believe it or not...hands on a miracle...and there ain't no way that you'll take it away." Poor grammar? Um...yeah.

3. If I Ever Leave This World Alive - Flogging Molly

From the soundtrack of "P.S. I Love You" with GERARD BUTLER. I love this Irish band...and it makes me smile when I hear it. Thinking of the movie also makes me smile...a lot.

4. Collection of Goods - Collective Soul

One of the possible three CS songs I don't just love. Oh well!

5. Voulez Vous - ABBA

This is on here because I was inspired after seeing Mamma Mia! on Broadway with my daughter, mother, and aunt. Shoot me. Shoot me now.

6. Plush - Stone Temple Pilots
I really love this song, but I am totally concerned about the lyrics...I'll see if I can...oh yeah, there it is...(gulp) the lyrics..."...and I feel and I feel when the dogs begin to smell her..." What could that possibly mean? NEVER MIND.

7. Come Alive - Foo Fighters

Acoustic guitar...and a song that seems very personal. I really love it..."Desperate and meaningless, all filled up with emptiness, felt like everything was said and done...I lay here in the dark and I close my eyes...you saved me the day you came alive..." Poetry ala Dave Grohl. This song has absolutely awesome lyrics.

8. My Sacrifice - Creed

When Jill was in Junior High, she and I used to drive with the sunroof open and crank this song UP. "When you are with me...I'm free...I'm careless...I believe...above all the others...we'll fly...this brings tears to my eyes...my sacrifice..." I always thought that this had a very spiritual undertone. I will never hear it without thinking of my baby girl.

9. Drops of Jupiter - Train

This song was popular several years ago and I loved it on the radio. "Tell me, did you sail across the sun...did you make it to the Milky Way..." I've never really been interested in space travel, and something tells me that the subject of this song wasn't either...probably bad 'shrooms or something.

10. Beautiful Day - U2

I used this song in several Movie Maker videos that I did a year or so ago...so when I hear it, I think of May 2006. The irony was...the weather totally sucked...so the song is not only great...it is kind of funny, too...plus...Bono totally rocks.

11. The Name of the Game - ABBA

Egad. This wasn't even in the play. Ick.

12. What I've Done - Linkin Park

This is the most amazing video if any of you want to pull it up on YouTube. It is a little disturbing sometimes...but is incredible. I love Linkin Park after one of Jill's guy friends introduced me to it in Summer 2005. I used to know every word of every song on the Live in Texas CD. Radical? Uh, yeah.

13. With or Without You - U2


I remember when this song came out originally...and it has been a favorite for a very long time. "See the stone set in your eyes...see the thorn twist in your side...I wait for you." Beat me, burn me, call me Erma...enough of that...

14. Breakout - Foo Fighters

I love the fact that the breakout he is describing is either his cool...or his face...punky little song...love it. "I don't want to look like that...no, you make me break out..."

15. Precious Declaration - Collective Soul

This is a song that I think is faith-based..."Precious declaration says yours is yours and mine you leave alone now...Precious declaration says I believe that hope is dead no longer..." says it all.

16. Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters

Probably the most familiar Foo Fighters song out there..."hook me up a new revolution...cause this one is a lie...sat around laughing and watched the last one die...I'm looking to the sky to save me...looking for a sign of life...looking for something to help me burn out bright...looking for a complication...looking cause I'm tired of trying...make my way back home when I learn to fly..." Hey, watch the video...it's a scream. Jack Black is in it...

17. Clocks - Coldplay

Another song that I used in my video of London...imagine looking at pictures of Parliament - where Big Ben is - and have this song playing. Awesome. Plus, the lead singer is married to Gwyneth Paltrow.


18. No Way Back - Foo Fighters

YES. YES. "Lately I've been living in my head...the rest of me is dead...I'm dying for truth. Make me believe...no more left and right...come on take my side I'm fighting for you...I'm fighting for you. Pleased to meet you take my hand...there is no way back from here...Pleased to meet you...say your prayers...there is no way back from here but I don't care...no way back from here...wake me...I'm ready... something don't seem right I was dreaming I was talking to you..." YES!!!

19. Needs - Collective Soul


A slow ballad..."all around me I see what weaknesses made...too much tomorrow...I think I'll take all today..."

20. Learning to Fly - Tom Petty & The HeartbreakersI'm learning to fly...but ain't got wings...

21. Counting the Days - Collective Soul

THE best senior year song EVER. I used it in Jill's senior video last year.

22. Who Will Save Your Soul? - Jewel

Clever lyrics...

23. Come As You Are - Nirvana

And people didn't know Cobain was nuts? "Come as you are...as you were...as I want you to be...as a friend...as a friend...as an old enemy...take your time...hurry up...choice is yours...don't be late...take a rest...as a friend...as an old memory..." And then "Come doused in mud...soaked in bleach...as I want you to be...as a trend...as a friend...as an old memory...well, I swear that I don't have a gun, no, I don't have a gun..." And we know that he did...sadly.

24. Runaway - Linkin' Park

From the Live in Texas CD - "graffiti decorations...under a sky of dust..." Angst. Angst. Angst.

25. Alive - Pearl Jam

R-O-C-K O-N. Son, have I got a little story for you...what you thought was your Daddy...was nothing but a...while you were sitting home alone at age 13...your real Daddy was dying...sorry you didn't see him...but I'm glad we talked..." Yeah, that's enough to send your kid to rehab, counseling, or to be the lead singer for Pearl Jam. I'm still alive...



Anyway, hope that answers the question a little better than me trying to figure out how to do it the easy way...

No comments:

Post a Comment