Monday, March 22, 2010

Random Thoughts...The Sequel

I'd like to be light tonight but I don't really think that I can. There are times in life when the clouds sweep in and you just have to trust that eventually the sun will shine again. I don't know if it is the colder than normal winter, the political climate, or just being battle weary, but I'm tired.

It is times like these where you have to decide whether you want to get up and move on...or simply wallow in it. I've had to keep moving out of necessity...so I'll keep doing that here as well.

So, on the bright side...all is well. My family is healthy, our lights are on, and the dog isn't pregnant. I have things to look forward to, people I will see soon that I haven't laid eyes on in person in 25 years, and I've lost a total of 11.2 pounds as of this morning. Big Dave is busy, Jill is excited about someone she has met, and Brian is 5'5" and doing well...other than the fact that he seriously needs a haircut.

I have my parents, I have my in-laws, and I have a job. The pantry is full, the bills are paid (for March anyway) and my kitchen is clean. I wasn't cut off today in traffic, and I have enough underwear to last me the rest of the week. I even got a coupon for a free pair of panties from Victoria's Secret today in the mail...and if I get really down...I can always go in and ask the salesgirl for a thong in a size small...just to watch her squirm.

My dogs are vaccinated as are my children. We have the medical care we need (well, as of today anyway) and I don't hate Verizon as much as I normally do in spite of the fact that I am now using one of the free phones we got with the service in 2006. My text messages are interesting to say the least. (Who knew that "Asian" and "Brian" were the same unless you click it to change when you text.)

There were young people in my house last Saturday, so my hug quotient is up, and that's always positive. As is the fact that the local law enforcement didn't call us the week of Spring Break. Plus, Brian has been giving me the occasional hug without my asking him to. Guess waiting on him hand and foot is an effective strategy in this regard. Whatever it takes...

My birthday was great, and my folks were very generous with me. I also received a birthday cake...half of which is in my freezer...and none of which is on my hips. (Granted, the cakes from the previous 46 birthdays probably are...but not this year.) I was taken to lunch by friends and was blessed with sweet sentiments, gifts, cards, and even flowers from Big Dave.

There is a pitcher of sweet tea in the refrigerator, so I won't have to hop up and make any for the two consumers...because apparently mine tastes better than anyone (or they are simply too lazy to make it themselves). There's also a pot of soup that I made yesterday for Brian to eat this week. It was my Gammy's recipe...and I feel her presence when I serve it.

I've laughed at good jokes, rested when I could, and have even nearly finished a book this week. I've reorganized my photos, watched two movies, cleaned out my trunk (after a year) and managed to accept the fact that Dannon Light & Fit Sugar Control yogurt is not nirvana...but it is not gag-worthy either.

So, I'm looking up for rays of sunshine. An excited phone call from my daughter. A request for take out from my son while he's working...which lets me know that I'm still needed. The sounds of gentle snoring (or not so gentle) from the couch. A video call with my sister in France.

These are the ins and outs, the ups and downs that define my life. A life that I'm trying to live well...but sometimes struggle to understand. I don't like it when the bad guys win, and I've never been the kind to sit on the sidelines indefinitely. I'm more of the "Braveheart" kind than anything. So, the developments as of late in the political realm have caused me to want to don some facepaint and head north with a sign. (Don't worry...I don't own a gun.)

Anyway, sorry for the rambling, but I haven't written in a few days, and this is what was in the brain today. Bits and pieces of life. Points in time...thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment