Sunday, August 2, 2009

Getting To Know You - Facebook

I'm bringing another Facebook game for fun and enlightenment over to the blog. I've had no fewer than 35 people tag me, so here are the answers. I'm sure that I'm as boring as you probably feared that I am, but here we go...

1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:30 am - which was a definite improvement over the 4:00 am wake up time the day before.

2. How do you like your steak cooked? Medium rare - because if it is cooked less I feel like a member of the Cullen family, and if it more, I may as well purchase a Quarter Pounder with Cheese as the enjoyment quotient is about the same.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Ugly Truth with GERARD BUTLER (LOVE him! :))

4. What is your favorite TV show? I don't watch TV much...so I'll go with anything on Fox News.

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Where I do...which I consider a step up from "in a van down by the river" which will be where I'll be if this recession doesn't ease up soon.

6. What did you have for breakfast? The standard Sunday morning breakfast at church. Big Dave cooked today (1st Sunday).

7. What is your favorite cuisine? Italian, then anything on the popular ethnic scale (Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Thai). Don't bring me anything totally random (Indian, Korean) because I am not that adventurous.

8. What foods do you dislike? Anything that looks like lawnmower clippings (turnips, collards, cooked spinach) when cooked.

9. Favorite Place to Eat? The Street Cafe (Japanese Fusion) or anywhere Italian.

10. Favorite dressing? Anything homemade.

11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? Honda Accord...my third.

12. What are your favorite clothes? My Grumpy pants and a non-coordinating gown.

13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? France (again).

14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? I plan for empty...so if it is full I'm pleasantly surprised. I find that it is mostly half empty for me, but there are times that it is overflowing and I'm so humbled that it keeps me going for months.

15. Where would you want to retire? Wherever my family is...

16. Favorite time of day? Night. Morning if I'm rested...if not...NO. I'm most productive at night.

17. Where were you born? Upson County Hospital, Thomaston, GA.

18. What is your favorite sport to watch? SEC Football

19. Who do you think will not tag you back? I don't really care.

20. Person you expect to tag you back first? Whatever...

21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? Can we move on, please...

22. Are you satisfied with your life? Yes...I like who I am. I wish that the people I am closest to were more loving at this stage in their lives, but they are not. That's life. I wish I could figure out how to lose this unwanted weight. I do really well, but I eat my feelings. The only time I don't eat is when I am happy. That might tell you a bit about my current state of mind this past year. BUT, I am working on it, and all in all...I love being able to write because it makes me happy. When I'm happy...I don't overeat...see?

23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night...a thousand times night.

24. Do you have any pets? Rebel (shih tzu/yorkie mix) and Dixie (shih tzu) are my dogs, and Elle is my cat that lives in the garage. We also have a roaming neighborhood dog, known as Black Dog, who is a retriever/lab mix of some kind who comes in when he sees fit...mostly when we are grilling or if it is storming.

25. If you only had one day to live, who would you spend it with? What a dumb question. I'm not answering that.

26. What did you want to be when you were little? I started out wanting to be a teacher. I am unsuited personality-wise to be a schoolteacher...which is why I have such admiration for those who are. I can teach adults, though. Then, I wanted to be a journalist. I love to write. Nowhere in my childhood did I ever think I'd want to be a banker...which is what I am.

27. What is your best childhood memory? Trick-or-treating and Christmas mornings.

28. Are you a cat or dog person? Dog...because I am allergic to cats. Cats seem to sense this and take great joy in wrapping themselves all over me.

29. Are you married? Yes...24 years.

30. Always wear your seat belt? Yes...I feel naked without it. I don't wear one on a bus, though, which is weird. So, always in a car, never in a bus.

31. Been in a car accident? Yes. I was a target for idiots between 2002-04 and had another one in 2007. Only one was my fault...I rolled into a lady who was being stupid and didn't go and I thought she did. (So, maybe I was stupid for thinking that she went and maybe I'll just shut up about that now.)

32. Any pet peeves? We could be here all night with this one. My biggest one is seeing people hide their talents under a bushel. Wasted potential ticks me off. Also, waiting at a red light with no traffic coming (like at 10pm or something), anyone who parks their rear end in the middle of an aisle at the grocery store while they contemplate which size box of Nestle Quik they need, and people who whip out in front of me when there is nobody behind me like that three seconds that they saved was a big coup or something.

33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Black olives and mushrooms.

34. Favorite Flower? Pink carnation for cut flowers. I was a Phi Mu...it was our flower. Plus, they aren't expensive. I also love violets (I have an active unofficial violet rescue program from grocery store clearance bins and have an embarrassing number of them at work). Gardenias will always be special to me because of my grandmother's affinity for them and for hydrangeas. Likewise with yellow roses for my mother and daisies for my daughter.

35. Favorite ice cream? Mint chocolate chip followed by any kind Blue Bell makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment