Saturday, April 25, 2009

Housecleaning

I am writing this after having a full eleven hours of sleep...and NO...I am not on vacation. The last time that the dogs, David, my children, telemarketers, Jehovah's Witnesses, my mother, obligations, or the weather didn't wake me up was sometime in 1994. I think it was because David had gone out that morning and had the kids with him and this was before the arrival of Dixie and Rebel to our family.

I am now listening to the sound of my husband and son putting silverware in the tray...which can only mean that they are unloading the dishwasher. I probably need to make sure that I am still breathing. I'm probably not...I thought I heard David tell Brian to go fold his laundry. I vaguely recall hearing the lawnmower at some point when I stumbled to the bathroom at about 8:00 am. Could it be that they've actually cleaned up without me? OMGosh. This can only mean that A) Brian wants something B)David is bored or C)It's my birthday (which it isn't...)

Speaking of birthdays, though...last night, I attended a birthday party for my friend, Beve, and enjoyed time with my scrapbooking ladies. We had fun...and the strongest things I consumed was decaffeinated coffee and some serious BlueBell ice cream with hummingbird cake. Needless to say, the whole dinner racked up about 84 points on Weight Watchers. That's fine. At least I'm writing it down. If I go outside and walk, I can probably burn those off by Tuesday is I don't rest between now and then. This is not a good thing, since my next weigh-in is on Monday night.

Anyway, I am now trying to decide exactly what I want to do with my day. I am currently wearing a hot pink mou-mou and have no intention of getting dressed today. I have a room that is littered with eBay rejects, everyone's stuff, scrapbooking paraphenalia, a bed that needs the sheets changed, and dust. This isn't ANY dust, though. This is the kind of dust that requires serious eradification...baseboards...blinds, and the blades of the ceiling fan. I mean, the blades aren't bowed bet, but I'm almost positive that the walls were once darker than they appear to be right now.

I'll keep you posted. Anytime that I actually clean house always spawns either a flurry of productivity or a disaster. Both normally include a story to relay. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment