Sunday, May 31, 2009

In Control

This weekend was one of those that I used to distract myself. I had the scrapbooking ladies over on Saturday, and today (Sunday) has been spent watching movies and television, and commenting on Facebook and Twitter. What am I avoiding, you ask?

Well, Friday afternoon at 3:00, I found out that two of my coworkers are now my former coworkers. Our department was downsized. Now we are 50% of what we were when I went to work Friday morning.

But instead of being afraid of being the third one to go...I'm just going to refuse to think about it. There really just isn't any point. If I go into work tomorrow and find that I am unemployed...then what is worrying about this today going to change? The answer? Not a thing.

I've found that in my life...worrying about things really is futile. The real choice that I have to make is this: do I trust that God is in control...or do I not?

The times in my life that I have thought I was in control normally led me down a path that got me into trouble. Stressing over a good suspense movie...is entertaining. Stressing over a potential hassle like figuring out how to pay the bills...is not.

I think that one of the things that I've learned from this current economic crisis is that I am totally NOT in control...but I do believe in the one who IS.

So, as I leave for work in the morning, I will breathe...hope...pray...and just put one foot in front of the other. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment