Thursday, December 24, 2009

Hugs & Kisses - Day 24

It is Christmas Eve. Many of you will be shopping for the first time today (and you would be male). Others will be putting the finishing touches on a special meal and getting ready to go to church or midnight mass. You'll be either looking to leave out milk and cookies for Santa...or waiting for little eyes to close. You may even be up playing Trivial Pursuit...or playing cards with old friends.

In my family, we would go to church for communion as a group on Christmas Eve. It is a tradition that prepares my heart and reminds me of the real reason for the season.

I don't know what your plans will involve or what Christmas Day will bring. This is the last note before the big day. I hope that you have enjoyed anticipating the season with me. I know that as I've written these...I've thought a lot about what has made Christmas special to me in the past...so I can try to seek it out in the present. I hope that you have done the same.

Merry Christmas! I hope that you find the next 24 hours as magical and wonderful as you imagine...and even more so if that is possible. For those of you who have burdens to carry this season...try to let the joy of the season give you relief from the burden. Give yourself a gift and leave it with God. For those of you living with fear...or sickness...or hardship...I hope that you have found something remarkable in the midst of your difficulties. For those of you who have new relationships (including new babies)...savor this special season. Store it in the treasure box in your heart.

Thank you for reading...and for being in my life. I wish you happiness...and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment