Monday, December 14, 2009

Photos - Day 14

I have photos of myself and my sister on the little steps at my grandmother's house when I was a little girl. Why we always want to photograph children on stairs is beyond me...but I was perched there each Christmas for that photo.

We love photographs, don't we? We are photographed relentlessly when we are babies (I was the first child...I understand that later children are not always so favored due to time constraints). We ham it up as children and then are horrified at what is shown in photos of us in our teens. In our 20s there are pictures that may or may not see the light of day except to show people photographic evidence of the size we once were. There are photographs of weddings, of family reunions, and at other times of celebration like birthdays. However, almost always...people take pictures at Christmas.

If the photos of Christmases past that are in our memories were on paper, we might be more satisfied. However, the black and white images or the faded color pictures from too far away just don't seem to do them justice. In the past few years, color has improved, and hopefully the Christmases that we are capturing in photos now will be more vibrant later on.

But in my mind...they are still just as fresh as I want my photographs to be.

I look forward to adding more pages to the photo albums that I keep both to share and to enjoy in my memories...this Christmas. Hope you do as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment